EU in Walsall writes:
- I think it’s really important to encourage people to write to their local press, – for example, the Express and Star, the Midlands paper, has a circulation of about 50,000. While individual canvassing and street stalls are more effective, you need a helluva lot of activists and time to canvass 50,000 people!
- People in Leave areas who read the Mail or the Express never hear our side of the story. It’s desperate to get three messages out to them:
- Johnson will not get Brexit done
- The 2016 referendum was not democratic
- Why we need to stay in the EU