"Remain" as such has been defeated. The timescale and route to "Return" is not clear. There is much we have learned since 2016, but not enough to have prevailed. We need to listen to critical friends from outside our movement, and our own feelings to understand how we can become more effective in the future. Agreed speakers include:
- "Otto English", journalist on Byline Times
- Donnachadh McCarthy, author and campaigner on Extinction Rebellion
- Alex Feakes, school teacher, Lib Dem candidate, on Making Votes Matter
- Speaker from South London Citizens - TBC
- Simon Jeal, Penge Councillor and Labour candidate in Orpington
- Heather Glass, civil engineer and Lambeth for Europe organiser
From 4.00 there will be refreshments, and the chance to talk more among ourselves and speakers.
You are also invited to stay beyond 5.00, when there will be a second meeting, of "Lewisham West and Penge in Europe", where the main business will be a motion to dissolve ourselves, and reform with other local Remain organisations.